Friday, December 01, 2006

Summary 28th November 2006

As usual we started punctually. Illya asked who would like to write the summary. …. And then there was a long silence in the class room. After a few minutes we discussed if the summaries are useful and necessary. There’s no doubt that it would be helpful for the writer – he or she can improve their writing skills. Another aspect is that anybody has a chance to get back and can see what was important for the writer.

The result of this discussion was that I write the summary. It was because it is not too hard – so I'll do it now.

Illya said that her mother would be with us during the last lesson before Christmas. What shall we do at this time? Now, everyone has the possibility to come up with some valuable ideas for this special lesson.

After it, we looked in groups of 4 people at the life maps and the drawings which we had done for homework. We had to find out which picture match with which writing. It was enjoyable and interesting.

The next point was a vocabulary exercise. No time to loose… we had to fill in the gaps with collocating words like invest, save, make and so on.

In groups of two we tried to find an example and a definition for each time word. And I recognised that I could save time if I organise my daily work, so maybe I have a lot of free time which I can invest in improving my English, and probably in the test I will not run out of time…..

Before we enjoyed the break, we had done a Listening task (p 126 in the coursebook).

Making notes could be helpful.

After a break we could practise the grammar part. Gerund or infinitive – that was the question.

Illya gave us the rules and the examples and after looking also in the grammar part in the book on page 219 we did a Practice Sheet and discussed about the solutions.

So I hope I’m in the know.

The last few minutes we looked at pg 56 and 57 and discussed in pairs about the meanings of the words.

And now in final step, I write the homework:

Vocabulary Coursebook pg 54 time

Writing Workbook pg 41 – 43

Reading Workbook pg 28 / 29

Invest time in looking at the blog….

I would just like to add that it was another very interesting, informative and well-structured lesson.

1 comment:

Illya said...

Agi
You've certainly gone off the beaten path and come up with a witty yet informative summary!