Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Nicole introduces herself


Dear Doro

I'm looking forward to meeting you. Two native speakers (two Illyas ;-)) in one classroom ... what a chance!
My name's Nicole and I'm originally from the eastern part of Switzerland. I moved in the area of Lucerne six years ago when I started teaching. I like this place very much, above all because of its more or less even landscape. Furthermore, the sunsets which I can see out of my living room are worth to be gazed as you can see in the picture.
I grew up in the Rhine valley between mountains up to more than 2000 metres high. In contrast to them, I enjoy here the far reaching sight from my home or as well from my classroom where I teach. However, when I go back to the eastern part of Switzerland to visit my family I enjoy the mountains every time as well!
How is your the landscape in your area like? What are the advantages of living in the United States? Why should a tourist visit the States?
Nowadays, Americans have a rather difficult position in the world. How does this fact affect your daily life? Or don't you feel any of these reluctances?
I'm curious about your answers ...

Have a nice day and a safe journey to Switzerland.

Best regards

Nicole

No comments: