Saturday, December 16, 2006

Introductions from Agi

Dear Dorothea

I’m pleased that you will be our guest. Surely, it will be an interesting evening.

Firstly I will tell you something about me.

My name is Agi Holdener, I’m married since nineteen years and I’ve got four children. With my family I’m living in Sörenberg, it is a beautiful small village in the mountains. Now with the Christmas stars and the snow it looks sometimes like a fairyland.

I’m working as a teacher for about 70%. The most important thing in my life is my family and even though I like my job I’m sometimes dreaming about staying at home and doing only the housework.

The whole family likes sport, in winter we’re skiing and in summer we’re hiking.

My boys are interested in football and hockey and if I want to talk with them I should also be.

If I can find any spare time I spend it in reading. It is possible that I’m reading a whole rainy Sunday… if my family let me do it and one of the children is keen on cooking.

I’m looking forward to seeing you.

Best wishes

Agi

And now my questions

Ø What was your first impression from Switzerland when you have been visiting for the first time?

Ø What do you think is typical Swiss – and what is typical American?

Ø Illya lives in Switzerland since several years. Are there any points she has changed in her views?

Ø And last but not least – what is your greatest wish for Christmas?

No comments: