Monday, March 05, 2007

After the Carnival Break

Because I have got a nice flu I haven’t been able to sit in front of a computer until today. I hope, I can still remember all the things between the lines of my notes.

First I will remind all participants of the course of

- writing the description of the invention and put it on the blog or send it to Illya (read page 115 in the coursebook before you start)
- finishing unit 8 and starting unit 9 (page 112-114) in the coursebook
- finishing unit 8 in the workbook (writing task included!)

The lesson was focussed on the speaking task of the exam. Illya told us to be prepared for this exam part with useful vocabulary and expressions we are able to use fluently, to use at least one idiom or fixed phrase and to use at least three different tenses during the speaking. It’s easy, isn’t it? We should also show that we are active listeners, that we come in interaction during the first part of the speaking…. but I’m afraid I mix it up now rather unstructured. Illya, can you maybe explain it again?
Illya gave us tips how to practise the speaking part. The internet tools she showed us we find on the blog. We can also prepare with the pictures in the books by looking at the pictures and trying to find out, what kind of questions could be asked.

From now on we will often work with the past papers book, don’t forget it at home!

See you

Marie-Theres

1 comment:

Illya said...

Thanks Marie-Theres.
Perhaps for clarification I'll add, you should be practicing teh use of idioms and tenses so that during the exam you don't have to concentrate on it! You should use them automatically by then. I don't think you mixed anything up, just this one point wasn't clear.
Thanks again!!!