Thursday, June 07, 2007

Good Luck!!!!

http://flickr.com/photos/beccab/127949048/


The course is over and the test stands before most of you.

You have all worked hard and done your best, writing over and over, doing your homework, putting up with my blogs and springdoos. You all deserve to pass the exam and I'm sure you can do it!

Now I turn your English over to you, but I'll be here, and I hope to continue to meet many of you here too.
If you haven't yet, get a feedreader (see later post) and subscribe so you can follow what is going on here, even if there are long pauses of silence.

I've given you all the power to turn this blog into a self-sufficient language-learning / sharing forum and I hope you will help me :-). Maybe you would even be interested in starting a project with others? I'm open for all ideas! And you'll never find a cheaper English course ;-)

I'll also be adding more cool stuff to the blog, so stay tuned!

Now for the bad news. I'm terribly sorry, but I have a meeting in Zürich on the 23rd so I won't be able to be with you for br/lunch .

But here is what I'd say before any of you left for the speaking exam.

Illya says, "Take a deep breath (one that fills you lungs and stomach), put your hand on your chest to ground yourself, and then ... just do it! You'll be fine :-)"

3 comments:

Titus Bürgisser said...

Hi Illya
Thanks for the newest post on the blog. You have really done a great job as teacher during the lessons and with the numerous possibilities you are proposing to work and study on the web.
I was and I still am very motivated to go on learning. You also encouraged me to open a blog. You can have a look now, I added a post yesterday.

Have a nice week!

Valentina said...

Thanks Illya for the great work you did for us. I really learnt a lot during your lessons and I appreciated the way you teach. Your corrections and comments ond the writings were very helpful and I can imagine that it was hard work to correct every week all our writings :-)
What a pity that you can't come on the 23rd!
Wish you all the best for the future and a good start with your next English class!!!

Illya said...

Thanks for your lovely comments! THey mean a lot to me.
You were a great class and I'll miss you.
You also worked hard, though!