Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Foodbridges

After a great meal, prepared on a rather flat wok-like pan (oh dear, what was that strange Finnish name again?) I decided to invite you all to a discussion on the internet about food. It's being put on by a groups of teachers from Brasil, Argentina, USA and Portugal (not necessarily where they live!).

Friday, 21st Sept. at 9pm

Go to the following link: webcast academy
You will see different shows, so just click on Foodbridges using the best listening program for your computer (real player is usually pretty good).

Once the audio is running, click on 'chatroom'. There you can participate in the converstation through chat.
You won't need a password, so type the name you want seen in the chatroom and then -IMPORTANT!- choose a 'room'. We will be in Webcast Acadamy as far as I know.
There you will see the people in the chat room, and I'm sure you will be welcomed by a friendly person if I'm busy talking.

So, that was what I learned this summer! I hope to see some of you there!!!!

btw- I wanted to upload a picture, but they seem to be too big. I'll try again later.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Hello, Illya and students.

Our first "FoodBridges" webcast yesterday was fun and (I think) very interesting. We heard about a variety of foods from Brazil, Switzerland, Russia and Ukraine, Egypt, Italy, and the U.S.A. The foods were both savory and sweet and they all sounded delicious to me!

We also heard some interesting cooking stories and we learned that those who talked usually didn't use recipes--or if they did, that they didn't usually follow the recipes strictly. I think we more or less agreed that cooking is a kind of "creative chemistry" and that people who like to cook are always trying new things and making adjustments.

What do you think about cooking? Do you have any cooking stories? What's your favorite food? Do you have any foods that are special in your family?

Best wishes from Arizona, U.S.A.!

Dennis in Phoenix